Monday, February 3, 2014

Carrodilla B, our area has a name!!!!!!

Hey everybody!!!

Well this week has been a good one. Things are really starting to change. The early part of this week we got quite a few lessons in. More than we usually do. Elder Lafleur is an awesome missionary. He understands SO well the importance of the Spirit in this work. That´s what has impressed me about him. He doesn´t get scared, but really thinks well about what Jesus would do in each situation. I´m really learning a lot from him, and really blessed to have him as my companion!

On thursday we had the blessing of interviews with President Avila! I love interviews! They aren´t too long or too deep, but you always leave happier and strengthened. One thing we talked about was the importance of working with members as we move to Carrodilla B!!! Carrodilla B, is a way cool area! So we´ll be living here in the same pension for a little while still but on Friday we started working out there, we´d already been to a couple of parts before, but other parts are completely new to us. On Saturday we did intercambios. I went with Elder Villegaz, one of the zone leaders, and Elder Inca, from Carrodilla A, to get to know the part that was taken off of C A and placed in C B. Its a way cool area. So that was in the morning, then that night Elder Villegas and I went to the neighborhood where our last bishop lived, we passed by a couple of the members houses, and found some people to start teaching including a young family that we taught. We were on side of this big foot hill to the foot hills of the Andes and we saw this lady out drinking mate and went to go talk to her. Her husband (bf) was there as well and it was really cool getting to know them. She told us the one time she talked to missionaries, a few years ago she was crying and sitting on the sidewalk with her young son. Some missionaries came out of no where and shared a short message with her that helped her to keep going with faith. It made me think about Alma 13:24, because angels really are preparing the people for the Gospel!!! We had a great lesson with Laura and Pedro Campos, our first lesson in Carrodilla B. 

Yesterday we had church for the first time in the Carrodilla ward. It went really well! The ward (relief society) had made a bunch of little welcome notes with candy on them. Everybody got along really well and lots of people came!!! We had lunch with the Elders Quorum President and his wife. Everybody is really great in the ward and people are excited about the mission work! 

I love this work, I love my Savior, I love the little things that I learn everyday. I know that the Grace of Christ is sufficient, to strengthen us, guide us, or comfort us. All we really have to do is take the step of faith toward Him. I know these things to be true. 

I love you all so much, 

Elder Fullmer

No comments:

Post a Comment