Monday, April 14, 2014

Me voy

HOLA! 

So, i´m leaving Mayor Drummond/Lujan/Carrodilla B, and I´m going to the Mendoza Zone, the zone just north of godoy cruz where i am now. I´ve heard it´s a great zone. I´m going to an area called San Miguel and to be with an Elder Blackman, I don´t know him but i think he´s got like 6 or 7 months. 

It will be sad leaving Elder Lafleur my companion and ´hijo´ in the mission as well as Elder Gomez and Elder Valencia that we live with, as well as the members that we´ve worked with and the investigators that we´ve taught! But changes are good. I have learned a TON here capped off with General Conference this weekend. It has been hard, but I feel that we´ve worked well with the members, done a good job, and should be having a baptismthis saturday of Maria Tapia! I´m excited about the new area and companion! 

So Maria Tapia, we taught her on wednesday and then on friday again, and we set a baptismal date with her for the 12th. We inicially invited and she said yes, then invited her to prepare for that day and she asked what that will take, and so we explained that the main part will be stop smoking and assured her that we will be there to help and that she truly can. We went by saturday morning to give her a plan to stop smoking and then as we were leaving she told us... ´hey so my daughter in law has never gotten baptized in any church and wants to start talking to you guys to see how that would be´. That is like the sentence that every elder dreams of hearing. We haven´t taught her yet cause she has always been working recently but we will make sure to teach her soon too. 

Then Maria Tapia came to conference on Sunday morning! Which was way good! I think Elder Uchtdorf´s talk was great for her since she lost her husband in a tragic accident a few years ago. 

And conference........WOW! I loved it so much. I went in with two questions of ´how can i serve with love unfeigned?´, and ´how can I better recieve revelation?´, and obviously the conference wasn´t made just for me, but I feel hugely blessed by the anwers i recieved. I have so much to study and ponder now. I know that we are lead by a living prophet today!!!

Love, 

Elder Fullmer

No comments:

Post a Comment